Advancing Basic Science for Humanity
The Kavli Foundation supports scientific research into the most complex and advanced product of nature—the human brain.
Kavli Neuroscience Institutes
These institutes are deepening our understanding of the brain, seeking fundamental answers about who we are, how we behave, and what is consciousness, as well as providing the knowledge for addressing debilitating diseases and conditions. There are currently seven institutes:
- Kavli Institute for Brain Science at Columbia University
- Kavli Institute for Brain and Mind at the University of California, San Diego
- Kavli Institute for Neuroscience at Yale University
- Kavli Institute for Systems Neuroscience at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology
- Kavli Neuroscience Discovery Institute at Johns Hopkins University
- Kavli Neural Systems Institute at The Rockefeller University
- Kavli Institute for Fundamental Neuroscience at the University of California, San Francisco
Kavli Prize in Neuroscience
The Kavli Prize in Neuroscience s awarded for outstanding achievement in advancing our knowledge and understanding of the brain and nervous system, including molecular neuroscience, cellular neuroscience, systems neuroscience, neurogenetics, developmental neuroscience, cognitive neuroscience, computational neuroscience and related facets of the brain and nervous system. The Kavli Prize consists of a scroll, medal and cash award of one million dollars.
Futures Symposia and Frontiers in Science
The Kavli Futures Symposia a series of high quality scientific symposia on topics of emerging importance in the fields of astrophysics, nanoscience and neuroscience. The Frontiers of Science symposia bring together some of the very best young scientists across many disciplines to share and discuss exciting advances and opportunities in their fields.