Advancing Basic Science for Humanity
10/13/2009 - Energy Initiative Among Highlights of Fall Kavli Newsletter
The Foundation has issued its quarterly newsletter, which includes a special energy section that highlights America's Energy Future Intiative, Kavli Professor John Bowers, and three new Energy Frontier Research Centers. Yale has also announced the establishment of the Yale Center for Human Brain Development and Evolution, which will be part of the Kavli Institute for Neuroscience at Yale, and a Spotlight feature brings attention to a graduate course at the University of California, San Diego, where interest is broadening in the neuroscience behind decision-making and moral choices. To subscribe at no cost to the newsletter, click here.
Special Section: Energy
- America's Energy Future: With Phase I complete, a national science initiative reports on U.S. energy technologies.
- Profile: John Bowers, Energy Efficiency Expert
- Three New U.S. Research Centers Explore the Frontiers of Energy
- Yale Announces Center Dedicated to Human Brain Development and Evolution
- Feature: From Students to Judges, Interest Broadens in the Neuroscience of Decision-Making
Stanford: First Black Holes Born Starving
Delft: Even When Faced with Nanoslits, Bacteria Conforms to Tight Spaces
Cornell: Carbon Nanotubes Could Be Basis for Future High Efficiency Solar Cells
Delft: Influence of a Single Electron Measured on a 'Nano Violin String'
Yale: Mechanism That Constructs Key Brain Structure Found
NTNU: For Navigation, the Brain Relies on a Series of Maps
- Cambridge Institute's Opening Ceremony Scheduled in November
- KIBST-Affiliated Researcher Receives MacArthur Grant
Newsworhy and Upcoming Events
Available by subscribing at no cost to the Newsletter.